Ayurveda is an ancient treatment method that crosses over with modern naturopathy, preventative health, integrative treatments and functional treatment. It has been practised for more than three millennia and in this article, we will explore Ayurveda in the context of improving libido, erections and endurance.
Ayurveda is the term given to an ancient treatment method to treat common illnesses that strives to promote overall well-being. Ayurveda crosses over with modern naturopathy, preventative health, integrative treatments and functional treatment.
It involves natural remedies, exercise, diet, and lifestyle changes to optimize the health status as a whole. The mutual connection of mind, body, and spirit is essential in Ayurveda.
Millions of men over 3000 years have turned to Ayurveda treatments to help with their sexual dysfunctions.
If your erectile dysfunction is mild or has only just begun it is worth reading on to get advice that has been used for centuries to improve ED in millions of men naturally.
- Ayurveda treatment is being practised for more than 3000 years to treat common illnesses in humans.
- Erectile dysfunction is the inability of satisfying sex in males.
- The causes of erectile dysfunction are decreased libido, soft erections, and decreased blood flow.
- Vajikarana is the dedicated branch of Ayurveda treatment, which deals with sex-related illnesses.
- Ginger and other herbs have important aphrodisiac components, which are essential to treat erectile dysfunction.
- Nutrition, exercise, meditation, yoga, and lifestyle changes are essential along with herbal remedies to treat erectile dysfunction.
Does Ayurveda improve sexual health?
The fundamental goal of medical science is to provide reliable, effective, and safe treatments for human illnesses.
An effective combination of treatments is always superior to a single remedy alone, and that is why Ayurveda treatment can be utilized as a useful addition to more substantial modes of treatments.
Ayurveda has proven benefits against this common issue but, patients with severe illnesses must be cautious while using the Ayurveda treatments.
Patients who have tried natural solutions and still do not get the desired benefits should consider talking to an expert doctor.
buy provigil online europe What is Ayurveda Treatment?
Ayurveda treatment is associated with a holistic treatment approach. The practice of Ayurveda treatment was started more than 3,000 years ago in India.
The word “Ayurveda” means knowing about life and longevity. Ayurveda treatment is aimed to maintain or restore the balance between mind, body, and spirit. It works on the principle of health and wellness, i.e., to promote better health in an individual rather than treating the disease.
An ayurvedic doctor strives to find a balance between physical, emotional, and fundamental life force.
It is also known for its herbal blends.
What is Vaajeekarana therapy?
Vajikaranatantra is a type of ayurveda treatment which deals with sexual health and infertility issues.
Vaji means “horse,” and Karana is considered as “power” so, the word itself gives the meaning behind its principle use. Horsepower is a symbol of sex in many cultures, including the Indian Ayurvedic teachings.
However, most of the effort in Vajikarana therapy is to increase the libido drive in adult males. Vajikarana therapy is targeted towards increase libido and stronger and longer-lasting erections.
Other potential benefits of Vajikarana therapy are;
- better sperm count,
- enhanced sexual and physical energy,
- more focus
- stronger will-power
- healthier memory
The semen health is of prime importance in Vajikarana therapy. The sexual health in an adult man, along with his physical, mental, and spiritual health, is targeted in Vajikarana, which is the primary holistic principle of Ayurveda treatment.
Ayurveda treatments for ED
According to Ayurveda treatment, erectile dysfunction (ED) is defined as the inability of a man to perform penetrative sex. Erectile dysfunction should not be confused with premature ejaculation, which is associated with the early release of semen from the penis.
In Ayurveda treatment, erectile dysfunction (ED) is treated with:
- Vajikarana therapy
- Psychological education
- Nutritional components
- Exercise and yoga
In western treatment, erectile dysfunction (ED) is treated with:
- Lifestyle changes
- Oral medications
- Psychosexual therapy
Dietary advice based on Ayurveda principles
Poor nutrition is considered as the killer of sexual satisfaction in Ayurveda treatment, and a balanced diet with some potent foods for sexual health is essential to treat or prevent erectile dysfunctions and sex-related issues.
Improving your heart health is the prime focus in ayurveda treatment to treat the erectile dysfunction because it increases the blood flow in reproductive organs.
According to ayurveda treatment, any diet which is rich in aphrodisiac foods and which targets to normalize weight and circulation in the human body is essential for better sex and erectile dysfunction.
Is protein essential for a man?
Ayurvedic diet is different from the western diet in regards to protein because only a moderate amount of protein is recommended in Ayurveda to prevent the accumulation of toxic precursors from protein metabolism.
Are fats good for a mans sexual health?
Fats, both saturated and unsaturated, are essential components of Ayurveda diets because these fats are essential to maintain the hormonal balance in the body.
Good fats are essential to maintain the hormonal balance in the body. Sex hormones are regulated in our bodies by converting these fats into more active neuroendocrinol substances. Ayurveda treatment promotes the average intake of good fats (saturated, poly, and monounsaturated). Meat, vegetable oils, dairy, and some fruits are important sources of good fats.
What nutrients and vitamins are needed for stronger erections?
http://prepaid365awards.co.uk/can-you-take-bystolic-and-amlodipine-together/ Vitamin E is also essential vascularity of the penis and the health of your sperm. Niacin is present in vitamin B3, and it is associated with (increased blood flow in the penis, skin, and other body parts.
Zinc is essential for libido and sperms health. The prostate is called the male gland, and it is present behind the root of the penis. Zinc improves male hormone production from the prostate gland.
Infertility is often associated with vitamin C deficiency.
Vitamin A, C, and E, along with zinc and selenium, are critical for proper blood flow in the penis and spermatic health.
Manganese is also called the mineral for sex drive.
L-arginine is an amino acid that is associated with the proper production of sperms.
Pantothenic acid is a stimulant for pituitary and adrenal glands, which in turn increases the production of male hormone.
Iodine improves the production of sperm and indirectly increases the libido drive in males.
Calcium, sulfur, inositol, and some other essential minerals work together to increase the erectile period in the penis.
All these nutritional components are present in Vajikaranas, which are described in previous headings, and along with a balanced diet, these minerals and vitamins play a pivotal role in the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
What are the main foods in Vajikarana?
Many specific herbs are utilized in Vajikarana to increase stamina, power, sexual urge, and vital energy in the human body. Some most essential Vajikaran foods to treat erectile dysfunctions are:
- Bombax (root extracts)
- Nutmeg extract
These agents are mostly used in combinations.
PRE-SEX AYURVEDIC DRINK
Watermelon is rich in L-citrulline, an amino acid that helps improve blood flow. L-citrulline supports the body in optimizing blood flow when it converts to L-arginine and then to nitric oxide. Drink this 1 hour before sex for a stimulating effect on your erection.
- 1/4 of a watermelon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon natural honey
- 1/4 tablespoon of turmeric
- A handful of mint leaves
Blend with ice and drink 1 hour before sex to make potent erection boosting Ayurvedic drink.
Lifestyle is everything in Ayurveda treatment
The practitioners of ayurveda treatment strive to achieve a balanced state in mind, body, and spirit. This is similar to modern-day preventative health methods and chronic care models.
There are two goals of ayurveda treatment,
- promote a healthy lifestyle by utilizing the benefits of exercise, yoga, and a balanced diet
- treat human illnesses by restoring the vital balance in physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual aspects of a human body
Nature plays an essential role in connecting different aspects of the human body, and ayurveda treatment involves the natural remedies for illness.
Along with herbal remedies and nutritional components, ayurvedic practitioners also advise;
- physical exercise
A happy and pleasant outlook is essential to prevent stress-related disorders, which can negatively affect our sexual health.
In secondary erectile dysfunctions, external factors such as
- work pressure
- financial stress
- relationship issues
- disturbed health
lead to the inability of penetrative sex in men. The use of relaxation techniques can lead to inner peace, which comes with countless health benefits.
This is very sensible advice for any man or woman in 2020.
Risks of Ayurveda therapies
There are some risks associated with ayurveda treatment especially Vajikaranas:
- The use of aphrodisiac preparations in younger boys less than 16 years of age is not recommended.
- Men older than 70 years should not use aphrodisiac ayurveda treatments.
- Some ayurvedic preparations contain toxic substances such as lead and mercury.
- Patients with cardiac diseases or other chronic illnesses must be very careful while using Ayurveda treatment for erectile dysfunction.
- Ayurveda treatment must only be used as a useful addition to more advanced treatments because the scientific literature is not sufficient to prove all the reported benefits of ayurveda treatment.
What to do when Ayurvedic remedies don’t work?
In some cases, natural remedies show no improvements in the signs and symptoms of erectile dysfunction. If there is still no improvement, a man should go see their doctor.
In many countries of the world, Ayurveda is not an autonomous practice, and it is only an alternative treatment that should be used as a useful addition to your doctor’s advice. A safe and risk-free combination of treatments is very crucial to prevent any side effects, and patients with other complicated diseases should never use these treatments without the consent of a medical specialist.
If you are experiencing chronic sexual dysfunction and have other underlying causes please speak to a team member from Vityl men’s health clinic to discuss your options.
As mentioned above, there are a lot of practices under Ayurveda which aims to promote better health rather than treating an illness. One must observe dietary and lifestyle changes should they try the said treatment method. Practices under Ayurveda treatment in dealing with erectile dysfunction is quite different from that of western treatment. Sexual dysfunction can be different at times. When natural remedies show no improvements in dealing with erectile dysfunction, there is no doubt that one should go see a sexual health doctor in order to address the issue.
- Dalal, P.K., Tripathi, A. and Gupta, S.K., 2013. Vajikarana: Treatment of sexual dysfunctions based on Indian concepts. Indian Journal of psychiatry, 55(Suppl 2), p.S273. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3705695/
- Fields, G.P., 2014. Religious therapeutics: Body and health in yoga, ayurveda, and tantra. SUNY Press. https://books.google.com.pk/books?hl=en&lr=&id=nCQ0Njp2DWMC&oi=fnd&pg=PR9&dq=FIELDS,+G.+P.+2014.+Religious+therapeutics:+Body+and+health+in+yoga,+ayurveda,+and+tantra,+SUNY+Press.&ots=yALvHX4UiZ&sig=6v8DwHH4FYnHkoksyqq7zkdcAjE&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false
- Gawde, S.R., Shetty, Y.C. and Pawar, D.B., 2013. Knowledge, attitude, and practices toward ayurveda treatment use among allopathic resident doctors: a cross-sectional study at a tertiary care hospital in India. Perspectives in clinical research, 4(3), p.175. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3757582/
- Lad, V. and Frawley, D., 1986. The yoga of herbs: an Ayurvedic guide to herbal treatment. Lotus Press. https://books.google.com.pk/books?hl=en&lr=&id=nt1wCQAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PT7&dq=LAD,+V.+%26+FRAWLEY,+D.+1986.+The+yoga+of+herbs:+an+Ayurvedic+guide+to+herbal+treatment,+Lotus+Press.&ots=NIgTFu7i7R&sig=0sIdnyBmqr8WSsa7rNJU_onbzok&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=LAD%2C%20V.%20%26%20FRAWLEY%2C%20D.%201986.%20The%20yoga%20of%20herbs%3A%20an%20Ayurvedic%20guide%20to%20herbal%20treatment%2C%20Lotus%20Press.&f=false
- Liu, Q., Zhang, Y., Wang, J., Li, S., Cheng, Y., Guo, J., Tang, Y., Zeng, H. and Zhu, Z., 2018. Erectile dysfunction and depression: a systematic review and meta-analysis. The journal of sexual treatment, 15(8), pp.1073-1082. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1743609518310075
- Salonia, A., Capogrosso, P., Clementi, M.C., Castagna, G., Damiano, R. and Montorsi, F., 2013. Is erectile dysfunction a reliable indicator of general health status in men?. Arab journal of urology, 11(3), pp.203-211. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1016/j.aju.2013.07.008
- Trifonov, V.N., Elistratova, J.A., Elistratov, K.G. and Kurus, N.V., 2014. Biologically active food additive for the prophylaxis of erectile dysfunction in men. U.S. Patent Application 14/004,258. https://patents.google.com/patent/US20140065237A1/en