Dr. Margarida Rafael
Research + Clinical Psychologist
- insuperably Expertise: Research and Clinical Psychology
- http://californiawithkids.com/tag/san-diego/ Education: Adler University, Doctor of Psychology, Clinical Psychology
Special interests: couples motivational interviewing, EFT, mindfulness-based counseling, and Attachment Theory.
Dr Margarida’s experience as a clinical and research psychologist spans across a number of settings, across the USA and Portugal. She has experience in both Organisational and Clinical psychology, spanning both private and public practice.
In a clinical setting, Dr Margarida has worked with patients from a variety of backgrounds including; at-risk children and adolescents from a low socio-economic status, patients with chronic pain (including spinal cord injuries), counseling for couples, and adults presenting with mental health challenges.
Dr. Margarida has also volunteered with a number of organisations including as an Emergency Assistance Provider at New Moms, a non-profit organisation that provides emergency services to homeless mothers; Common Ground Relief Organisation, working with trauma survivors post-Hurricane Katrina; and Milwaukee Art Museum, an organisation that encourages nursing home residents to express themselves creatively through art projects while maintaining a sense of community and culture.
As a research psychologist, Dr. Margarida works alongside a team of medical doctors, naturopaths, clinical psychologists, and nurse practitioners to develop empirically validated content for the Vityl Men’s Sexual Dysfunction Program, as well as other Vityl treatment programs.
- Instituto Superior de Psicologia Aplicada, Portugal [B. Psychology] – 2009
- Carroll University, Wisconsin USA [Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Psychology] – 2012
- Adler University, Illinois, USA [Doctor of Psychology, Clinical Psychology] – 2017