- Expertise: Psychology
- Education: Massey University, Postgraduate Diploma of psychological Practice: Psychology
Special interests: assisting people in managing and adjusting to chronic health conditions, especially the mental and emotional impact chronic conditions can have on a person’s sense of identity.
Natalie is a registered psychologist with an interest in helping people to improve their lives and adjust to living with ongoing health conditions. Natalie has a particular interest in the mental and emotional impact that chronic health conditions can have on a person’s sense of who they are.
Natalie is an experienced New Zealand-trained psychologist who holds a Masters in Social Science with first-class honors and a Postgraduate Diploma in Psychological Practice. She is a member of the New Zealand Psychological Society and holds a current practicing certificate. Natalie has worked in a range of fields and has experience providing group and individual therapy. Her key areas of interest are chronic health conditions and their psychological impact, chronic pain, trauma, low mood, and anxiety as well as dealing with the challenges of Covid restrictions.
Natalie has a very holistic approach in her practice and uses a range of psychological frameworks. These include Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural therapy, DBT informed approaches, emotion-focused therapy, and schema therapy.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Zealand Psychological Society (Member)
- American Psychological Society (APA)
- Institute of Criminal Justice and Forensic Psychology
- International Association for the Study of Pain
- New Zealand Pain Society
- University of Waikato Hamilton, Waikato NZ, [Bachelor of Social Science: Psychology and History, Member of Golden Key], 2005
- University of Waikato Hamilton, Waikato NZ, [Bachelor of Social Science: (Honours) Psychology], 2006
- University of Waikato Hamilton, Waikato NZ, [Master of Arts: Psychology], 2007
- Massey University, Auckland, NZ, [Postgraduate Diploma: Psychology]
- Massey University, Palmerston North, NZ, [Postgraduate Diploma of psychological Practice: Psychology], 2015
- University of Otago, NZ, [Postgraduate Diploma of Medicine: Pain], 2018/19