Dr. Eddy Watkins
Dr. Eddy Watkins has a keen interest in treating patients with cardiovascular concerns and has served time as a member of the Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand. Prior to becoming a doctor he spent decades as a paramedic and has developed a style of clinical troubleshooting that is efficient, personable and calming.
Donating his medical expertise and experience is very important to Dr. Eddy and he spends hundreds of hours each year volunteering for multiple organisations. Helping people in emergencies is a huge passion for Dr. Eddy and has strengthened his empathetic consulting style.
In his free time is he an avid golfer and sportsman and understands the struggles men have to stay fit, healthy and happy in today’s busy society.
- Member Australian College of Ambulance Professionals
- Past Associate Member Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Past Member Australian Institute of Management
- Student Member Australian College of Rural and Remote Med.
- Academic Board student member- Oceania University of Med.
- Deans award Academic excellence (OUM)
- Prehospital 12-Lead ECG to Triage ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction and Emergency Department Activation of the Infarct Team Significantly Improves Door-to-Balloon Times – Ambulance Victoria and MonashHEART Acute Myocardial Infarction (MonAMI) 12-Lead ECG Project (circinterventions.ahajournals.org/content/2/6/528/tab-article-info) Adam W. Hutchison, Yuvaraj Malaiapan, Ian Jarvie, Bill Barger, Edward Watkins, George Braitberg, Tony Kambourakis, James D. Cameron, Ian T. Meredith
- State Emergency Service -20 years Service
- St John Ambulance- 4 years service
- Country Fire Authority- 3 years service
- Cardiac Technician Certificate (Mayfield Centre)
- Associate Diploma of Health Science (Monash)
- Certificate MICA Paramedic (Monash/AOTC)
- Graduate Certificate Business Administration (CSU)
- Bachelor Paramedic Studies (Monash)
- Diploma Frontline Management (Monash/Mt Eliza)
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training (Monash)
- AIIMS/ICS/Health Commander course
- HEMS course HMCAS
- HUET training HMCAS
- MBBS Oceania University of Med. Graduated
- AMC MCQ
- ARC BLS
- ARC ALS
- AMC MCQ
- AMC Certificate