Prosper Bamford is a Nurse Practitioner at Vityl, specialising in the treatment of Men’s Sexual Dysfunction.
Education has been a core focus in Prosper’s nursing career and when working with patients. Prosper enjoys observing firsthand how educating the patient to become a willing participant in their own healthcare journey is empowering and results driven.
Qualifying as an Nurse Practitioner in 2015 increased Prosper’s scope of work, responsibilities and exposed her to the emergence of telehealth in 2017 – consulting 1:1 with clients in regional areas and linking with specialist doctors in metro areas via telehealth for specialist care input. An important component in the management of chronic disease.
I have a passion for chronic disease management. Men’s sexual dysfunction is a chronic disease like any other. And like most chronic diseases, does not occur overnight. It often is not a solo condition either, but a culmination of other conditions, each needing to be managed successfully for the overall dysfunction to be improved. Just as sometimes sexual intimacy is described as ‘one thing leading to another’, so is sexual dysfunction.Prosper Bamford
Prosper’s passion is to work with our patients in identifying that ‘one thing’ that may have led to where they are now and providing education on how to manage things to get a better and long-term solution.
- Latrobe University, Bachelor of Nursing with Honours (1st Class Honors) (2008).
- Bendigo Health CHERC, Graduate Certificate in Gerontology (2010)
- Nationwide Training Solutions, Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (2013)
- Latrobe University, Master of Nurse Practitioner (2014)
- Gravitas Leadership Academy, Diploma in Leadership and Management (2016)
- AHPRA registered
- Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP) member
- Australian Primary Care Nurses Association (APNA) member
- Australian Wound Management Association (AWMA) member